Posted by Bill Morris (22.214.171.124) on December 09, 2004 at 20:20:32:
In Reply to: Alternator Mount Temp Increase posted by J.E.H. Simon on 01:16:50 09/17/04:
Dear Simon: This is a puzzler, I am trying to remember, I changed mine out for a Atco and had to trace everything, the wire to the switch is to prevent blowing the alt. if you change battery banks while motor is running, usually not a good idea anyway. You've got a hot lead from the battery and a lead going to the plus side of the coil, this is a exciter wire to start alt. fuction did you not have a ground terminal on your alt.? Might it be grounding itself through the bracket and causing the heat up, wait you said you had a lead coming from the amp. gauge, I suppose that would be the battery lead. Still I don't remember you mentioning a ground wire?